Friday, March 22, 2013

Charles Bukowski: I'm not a misogynist

I'm not a misogynist

more and more
I get letters from
young ladies:

"I'm a well-built 19
am between jobs and
your writing turns me
on
I'm a good housekeeper
and secretary and
would never get in
your way
and
would send a
photo but that's
so tacky. . ."

"I'm 21
tall and attractive
have read your books
I work for a
lawyer and
if you're ever in
town
please call me."

"I met you
after your reading
at the Troubadour
we had a night
together
do you remember?
I married
that man
you told me had a
mean voice
when you phoned and
he answered
we're divorced now
I have a little
girl
age 2
I am no longer in
the music
business but
miss it
would like to
see you
again. . ."

"I've read
all your books
I'm 23
not much
breast
but have great
legs
and
just a few
words
from you
would mean
so much
to me. . ."

girls
please give your
bodies and your
lives
to
the young men
who
deserve them

besides
there is
no way
I would welcome
the
intolerable
dull
senseless hell
you would bring
me

and
I wish you
luck
in bed
and
out

but not
in
mine

thank
you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Art Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by Art Blog · Powered by Blogger